A Message from the Chief
The Brighton Police Department takes great pride in providing the highest level of police service at all levels. If you would like to give a compliment or complain about a police officer or other Departmental employee, we would appreciate your feedback. You can contact me directly.
By phone: (585) 784-5101 (chief's direct phone number)
By email: email@example.com
By written correspondence: Town of Brighton Police Department, 2300 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14618
Chief David Catholdi
About the Police Department
The Brighton Police Department serves its citizens with dedication to making our town a safe place to live, work, and raise a family. Members of the department, guided by the philosophy and principles of community policing, work with community groups and with other law enforcement agencies on crime prevention endeavors.
The department's highly trained staff of sworn police officers and civilian members strives to provide quality service, and works to promote public safety for the residents and visitors of our community. The police department is well-equipped with high-technology tools for efficient and effective delivery of services.
Citizens are encouraged to call 911 whenever they see suspicious persons or vehicles and whenever they have knowledge of crimes in our community. Our officers are dispatched around the clock by the Monroe County Emergency Communications Department. If someone outside of Monroe County needs to contact the Brighton Police Department for immediate assistance for someone in Brighton, the Monroe County ECD can be reached at (585) 428-6666.
View the latest Brighton Police Department
View the 2021 Police Reform & Reinvention Collaborative Plan here
Progress Report on the 2021 Police Reform & Reinvention Collaborative Plan here
View Brighton Police Blotters here
- How do I get emergency help to someone in Brighton if I'm calling from outside Monroe County?
- How do I deal with annoying phone calls?
- How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
- The people to notify in an emergency at my business have changed. How do I notify the Police Department?
- When must child restraint seats be used?
- How do I get my towed vehicle released?
- How do I report suspected drug activity?
- How may I get my fingerprints taken?
- What restrictions are placed on operators of motor vehicles with learner's permits?
- What restrictions are placed on drivers with junior licenses?