Go To Search
townhall revisited.jpg
Click to Home


The Town Clerk’s office was designated by the United States Department of State as a Passport Application Processing Center and all of our staff members are certified Passport Acceptance Agents.

Passport and Passport Card applications are processed by appointment
. Appointments are generally easy to obtain and for our planning purposes please call (585) 784-5240 to set up an appointment.

Applications and instructions may be obtained in our office or online .

Generally the processing time is 4 to 6 weeks.  You can pay an additional fee to the U.S. Department of
State and reduce the processing time to 2-3 weeks

For a new Passport or Passport Card the applicant needs

  • Completed DS-11 Form
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship.  Raised seal or certified copy of a Birth Certificate with both of the parents names listed or Naturalization papers.
  • Proof of Identify – This is usually a U.S. government issued photo ID
  • Color photograph - Applicant must provide. We DO NOT take photos on site.
  • Fees – We require 2 forms of payment: 
    • Check made out to the U.S Department of State for the passport
      • Passport – Adult ($110), Under 16 ($80)
      • Passport Card Adult ($30) Under 16 ($15)
    • Check, cash or Visa/MC/Discover to the Town of Brighton for the Execution fee ($25) ** There is an additional fee of $20 for any returned checks.

Passports for Adult applicants aged 16 or 17.  In addition to what is listed above, at least one parent and the applicant must be present with U.S. government issued photo identification. 

Passports for those under 16 years old – In addition to what is listed above, both parents and the applicant must be present.  Parents need proof of identity and relationship to the minor.  If one of the parents cannot be present, the absent parent may provide a statement of consent via notarized DS-3053 form. granting their permission for the minor to have a passport. 

Passport Renewals – In some cases you can renew a passport without going through the Clerk’s office.  This involves completing a DS-82 form

Check travel.state.gov the most complete and updated information.

townhall revisited.jpg