Finance & Administrative Services Committee
2017 Meeting Scheduleavailable here
2016 Meeting Scheduleavailable here
The Finance and Administrative Services Committee is composed of the Town Supervisor and two additional members of the Town Board, one of who serves as Chairperson of the Committee.
- Chair: Councilman Jason DiPonzio
- Member: Councilman James Vogel
- To review, monitor and, where Board action is required, make a recommendation to the full Board on all matters of finance including budget, procurement, cash management, debt issuance, and accounting
- To develop or assist in the development of personnel policies for non-represented full and part-time employees of the Town, exclusive of those employees under the jurisdiction of the Library Board of Trustees, and to make recommendations to the Town Board regarding adoption and implementation of such policies
- To review, monitor and, where Board action is required, make a recommendation to the full Board on all matters relating to the Town’s Insurance Program, including Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- To review all contractual matters, with particular attention given to those involving either expense or revenue to the Town, for recommendation to the full Board
- To be a resource and provide advice to the Town Supervisor and all Department and Division Heads and particularly to the Director of Finance and Director of Personnel
- The Chair of the Committee is responsible to review and recommend authorization by the Town Board of all vendor claims for payment as forwarded for payment by the Department Heads and the Director of Finance.
Meetings of the Committee
The Committee regularly meets the week prior to scheduled Town Board meetings to address an agenda of items as drafted by the Director of Finance who serves as staff to the Committee. All such meetings are open to the public.
Department Heads attend meetings of the Committee, either as agenda items that affect their departments/divisions are scheduled, or simply at the request of the Committee.
The Director of Finance takes notes of all such meetings that are provided to the Committee members for their review and approval. Copies of all approved notes are provided to the Town Clerk as a matter of public record.
All departmental matters to be presented to the Finance and Administrative Services Committee must be provided to the Finance Director by noon on Mondays before the meeting for inclusion on the FASC' Meeting Agenda.